the kucinich prediction
What’s about to happen to “health care reform”? I’m not I pretty much have it figured out but here is an opinion from Dennis Kucinich, co-author of HR676 [which bit the dust hard] who knows hella more about politics than I ever will.
A lesson in politics. The Kucinich Prediction: Here’s what’s going to happen …
1. House will make a big deal about keeping/putting a public option in HR3200 because it competes with insurance companies and will keep insurance rates low.
2. The White House will refer to the President’s speech last week where he spoke favorably of the public option.
3. The Senate will kill the competitive public option in favor of non-competitive “co-ops”. Senate leaders like Kent Conrad have said the votes to pass a public option were never there in the Senate.
4. The bill will come to a House-Senate Conference Committee without the public option.
5. House Democrats will be told to support the conference report on the legislation to support the President.
6. The bill will pass, not with a “public option” but with a private mandate requiring 30 million uninsured to buy private health insurance (if one doesn’t already have it). If you are broke, you may get a subsidy. If you are not broke, you will get a fine if you do not purchase insurance.
Everything I see going down says Kucinich is dead on there. Please do not fall for this. Raise bloody hell against the bill when they try to pass it, ask the Democrats to hold out and refuse to sign.
And go visit Congressman Kucinich’s page.