strike ends at midnight!
The WGA strike ends at 12:01 AM Wednesday September 27 2023.
The WGA Negotiating Committee has pulled off an amazing deal. Included in the new MBA agreement is so much good stuff, but just as a few points:
- AI is out
- “Showrunner” is now officially a “writer.”
- Minimum writers room staffing
- Both members of a writing team now get insurance
- Guarantee 2-step deal for feature writers
- Script fees for staff writers
- Guarantee writers be kept through production
- Success based residuals on streaming
- New foreign residuals numbers
- Streaming numbers made available to WGA
- And so much more —
You can check out 2023 MBA details here on the WGA site:
Now we just have to bring SAG-AFTRA home. They are still on strike. Stay strong, SAG-AFTRA. You can do this.